You're at the gym, earplugs is and cranking full volume your all-time-favorite album by the Venga Boys.
Your buddy comes to you and asks:
- "Yo what you're listening to"
And you all though and stuff: "Pff...Megadeath, duh!?"
"No shit, I love them man! Give me some!" and faster than Bruce Lee he gets an earplug and puts it in his ear.
Since I do care about your reputation, let's avoid that and let me fix that. Every month I'm going to share a badass playlist to listen while working out.
Surprisingly enough there's quite some research on the possible positive effect of some kind of music on training although results aren't conclusive whether listening to music is really beneficial during working out. For instance, in this study they showed that listening to music increased the explosivity of squat jumps but not of bench press.
But let's cut to the chase and let's get to the playlist!
The Anabolic Playlist (January 2016)
This playlist covers almost one hour of music which is perfect for the typical routine (e.g. PHAT, PHUL, Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, Texas method, etc...).
The big compounds movement will feel easier, you'll be more energetic and you might even smile and wink at some chick for once.
For this month I selected some of my favorite tracks, metal classics, hard rock, some hip hop and even electronica.
- The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
- Metallica - Enter Sandman
- Ac/Dc - Thunderstruck
- System of a Down - Toxicity
- Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of
- System of a Down - Chop Suey!
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Metallica - Master of Puppets
- Metallica - Seek & Destroy
- Foo Fighters - The Pretender
- Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll
- Blur - Song 2
- The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
- Guns 'n' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Public Enemy - Fight The Power
- Eminem - Lose Yourself
- Justice - Genesis
- Fat Boy Slim - Right Here Right Now
The song I squat by is Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine. What's yours? Let me know in the comments below!